This easy Soft Pretzel Bites recipe is made in under 30 minutes! Simple, salty, delicious pretzel bites to serve with cheese sauce, mustard, or dips at any party.
Easy Soft Pretzel Bites Recipe
Thіѕ easy Sоft Prеtzеl Bites rесіре іѕ mаdе іn under 30 minutes! Simple, ѕаltу, dеlісіоuѕ pretzel bіtеѕ tо serve wіth cheese ѕаuсе, mustard, or dірѕ at any раrtу.
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 1/4 cups warm milk microwave for about 30 seconds
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon course sea salt
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Pour milk into the bowl of an electric mixer. Top with honey and the yeast and stir to combine. allow to sit for approximately 10 minutes. The yeast will become like a foam, which means it’s ready.
- Fill a large pot about 1/2 full with water and allow to come to a boil over medium/high heat. Mix together the egg whites and water and set aside.
- add flour and salt to mixer. Mix on low with paddle attachment for about 3 minutes until the dough comes together in one ball. add more flour if needed. The dough will stick together, but will not be sticky on your hands.
- Place dough on counter top and form dough into a ball. It’s not necessary to flour your counter. Section the dough into four parts and roll each part into a long strand. Cut each strand into 1 inch sections using a butter knife. You should be able to make about 12-16 bites per strand.
- Carefully, add baking soda to boiling water. Be careful, the baking sode will bubble up, so add slowly. Place dough bites into boiling water about 10 at a time, and “flash cook” for 20-30 seconds for each batch. Using a slotted spoon, take dough out of water and allow to cool.
- arrange all flashed cooked pretzel bites on parchment lined baking sheet so they are not touching. Brush each bite with egg white mixture and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes or until the tops are browned. Remove from oven, and allow to cool slightly.